Our Neighbours without Borders Art Residency
Open to any ethnicity from Russian Federation
Duration of residency: 15th of July-25th of July
Terms and Conditions
Accommodation is free of charge.
(Food and unlimited coffee & tea costs will be between 60-80 Euro per person during all the residency period.)
- We offer a furnished, shared house with three single beds with WC/Bath and open kitchen.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinners will be served. Vegetarians are welcome.
- Coffee and tea is available.
- Animal friendly environment. Our center is in hills surrounded by forest, caution to insects or spiders, especially important for those with allergic reactions.
- Wi-Fi access can be a headache sometimes due to unstable weather conditions.
- Canvas, marble, metal or wood can be found free of charge with several tools of sculpture.
- Agreement will be signed by selected artists for mutual benefit.
Disciplines, work equipment and assistance
Artists engaged in painting, sculpture, multimedia, animation, video art, performance & installation are welcome to apply. Residency grant will be limited to 12 artists.
Helikon also accepts applications from individual artists as well as creative duos and/or artist groups.
Studio / Workspace / Dining
Open studio space with two terraces and a large garden.
Closed studio is an office area, where at least three artists can work in the same time.
Atelier for sculptors.
Expectations from the participants
Except canvas, marble or wood, artists should bring all work materials on their own.
Artists are obliged to leave at least one of their art work to Helikon Contemporary Art Association (Helikon will not be hold responsible about art works left by artists).
Artists will be provided opportunity to exhibit their works in an art gallery (will be announced later on) with official opening announce to public at the end of the residency.
Presentations & Discussions: Each artist is responsible to demonstrate/present their works through open/closed studio events every evening.
There will be discussions about the main theme of the residency and other issues concerning contemporary art.
Transportation: All transportation (both local and international) costs are covered by participating artists.
Insurance: Participants are expected to cover all insurances (including health insurance) on their own.
Special conditions: Applicants must have Covid-19 vaccination.
Important: Application of participants of previous international art residencies in Helikon will not be evaluated.
How to Apply: Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com until 1st of June, 2023.
(Selected artists will be informed after 1st of June, 2023)